Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2010/05/03 17:08:00 UTC

JAR/Maven question

Does anyone know what this JAR is for?

Downloading: http://maven.wocommunity.org/content/repositories/releases/org/objectstyle/woproject/maven2/maven-japplication-plugin/2.0.17/maven-japplication-plugin-2.0.17.jar

That JAR actually ends up coming from a server in Brazil.  Our
administrators have greatly restricted downloading .jar and .zip files
through our firewall and I can no longer do a Maven build (at least of
3.1 -- haven't tried 3.0 again).  They are only allowing a few sites
now (such as Apache and Eclipse).

Thanks,

mrg

PS. There might be other JARs after this one ...

Re: JAR/Maven question

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Ugh, this is the new WebObjects community repo (as the pre-redirect
URL implies). It was hosted by mdimension.com before, but now it is in
Brazil... A dependency on yet another external repo is absolutely not
ideal regardless of its location, and I am all for getting rid of it.
I haven't researched the status of https://repository.apache.org/ ,
but I am hopeful we can upload all these artifacts (and a few other
artifacts served from objectstyle.org) to it. Something to check with
the infra.

Andrus