Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/28 02:43:46 UTC

File URLs truncated on Windows with mapped and SUBST drives

This was originally reported on the TSVN Users list but I've
reproduced it with the command line client. Original thread:
http://svn.haxx.se/tsvnusers/archive-2013-08/0227.shtml

Jason Dunaway is using a mapped network drive for his repository, but
I reproduced the behavior with a drive letter created with SUBST.

We're both using SVN 1.8.1. He's on XP (pretty sure), I'm on Windows 7
Pro 64-bit.

Steps to reproduce:

>svnadmin create r:\Appraisal
>subst X:\ R:\Appraisal
>svn co file:///X:/ r:/tmp6

Everything to this point is successful.

>svn mkdir file:///X:/Appraisal -m "test"
Committed revision 1.

>md r:\tmp7

    Directory: R:\

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
----                -------------     ------ ----
d----        08/27/2013     10:22            tmp7

>svn co file:///X:/Appraisal r:\tmp7
>svn: E160005: Target path '/ppraisal' does not exist

Note that the A in Appraisal has been chopped off. Thinking that it
might be just that one letter, I tried a different one.

>svn mkdir file:///X:/TryAgain -m "test"
Committed revision 2.

>svn co file:///X:/TryAgain r:\tmp8
svn: E160005: Target path '/ryAgain' does not exist

Same result. The T has been lopped off.

If I use the real path to the repository (not the SUBST drive letter),
it's successful:

>svn co file:///R:/Appraisal/TryAgain r:\tmp9
Checked out revision 2.

Jason was successful when using the full UNC path instead of the
mapped drive letter, which is consistent with my results with the
SUBST vs. real paths.

Re: File URLs truncated on Windows with mapped and SUBST drives

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> [...]

Issue 4418 has been logged.

RE: File URLs truncated on Windows with mapped and SUBST drives

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Thanks,

	Bert

Re: File URLs truncated on Windows with mapped and SUBST drives

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 28.08.2013 02:43, Andy Levy wrote:
> This was originally reported on the TSVN Users list but I've
> reproduced it with the command line client. Original thread:
> http://svn.haxx.se/tsvnusers/archive-2013-08/0227.shtml
>
> Jason Dunaway is using a mapped network drive for his repository, but
> I reproduced the behavior with a drive letter created with SUBST.
>
> We're both using SVN 1.8.1. He's on XP (pretty sure), I'm on Windows 7
> Pro 64-bit.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
>> svnadmin create r:\Appraisal
>> subst X:\ R:\Appraisal
>> svn co file:///X:/ r:/tmp6
> Everything to this point is successful.
>
>> svn mkdir file:///X:/Appraisal -m "test"
> Committed revision 1.
>
>> md r:\tmp7
>     Directory: R:\
>

> Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
> ----                -------------     ------ ----
> d----        08/27/2013     10:22            tmp7
>
>> svn co file:///X:/Appraisal r:\tmp7
>> svn: E160005: Target path '/ppraisal' does not exist
> Note that the A in Appraisal has been chopped off. Thinking that it
> might be just that one letter, I tried a different one.
>
>> svn mkdir file:///X:/TryAgain -m "test"
> Committed revision 2.
>
>> svn co file:///X:/TryAgain r:\tmp8
> svn: E160005: Target path '/ryAgain' does not exist
>
> Same result. The T has been lopped off.
>
> If I use the real path to the repository (not the SUBST drive letter),
> it's successful:
>
>> svn co file:///R:/Appraisal/TryAgain r:\tmp9
> Checked out revision 2.
>
> Jason was successful when using the full UNC path instead of the
> mapped drive letter, which is consistent with my results with the
> SUBST vs. real paths.

This does look like a bug, but I cant say offhand if it's in Subversion
or APR. Please report the issue in

    http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/

and also post a note about it on dev@subversion.apache.org (also please
don't cross-post).