Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Rick F." <ri...@thebva.com> on 2010/02/05 17:29:55 UTC

Ofbiz customer AR statements

Hi all -

I've been on the demo management site and I don't see any way of printing
customer AR statements. Is this possible?

TIA
Rick

Re: Ofbiz customer AR statements

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick

I dont think statement printing is there out of the box though you could use
billing accounts to give you similar functionality.

You create a billing account for a customer with a maximum credit limit,
then they could buy items from you and charge it to the billing account.

OFBiz keeps track of the Sales Orders and Invoices charged as well any
payments made. In the trunk version online documentation for the billing
account screens – I've included  a note under the Billing Account / Orders
tab about the possibility of using a mixture of the data available on the
billing account orders and payment screens to generate customer statements.

So I think the information to produce statements is definitely available –
it just needs someone to  put  it together and add it into OFBiz.

Thanks
Sharan