Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de> on 2003/08/27 03:54:03 UTC

How to get started...

Hi there,

my name is Sven; I joined this list recently because I would like to get
more familiar with torque.

I was trying to get started with the 3.0.2 version of torque and everything
went fine until the actual test of the classes that were generated.
Unfortunately I am a little bit confused how to build torque and then
configure it to produce classes that actually really connect to my MySQL
database.

So can any of you give me some tipps on which distribution to choose, maybe
also some extra documentation / tutorials, etc. ?

I noticed that the RC1 is out, unfortunately it did not work for me. I
couldn't even find the project-schema.xml documents, etc. Is there
currently still something missing in the RC1 or did I just not build it
correctly?

Any advice is welcome,
thanx,
SVEN

---
Sven Haiges
sh@flavor.de

Re: How to get started...

Posted by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de>.
Good idea! :-)

No really: any help is appreciated. But if any of you is interested in
writing a torque book, let me know.

cu
SVEN

At 11:17 AM 27/08/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de> writes:
>
>Thinking about a Torque Book? ;-)
>
>         Regards
>                 Henning
>

> >--=======69E44AFE=======
>
> >Hi there,
>
> >my name is Sven; I joined this list recently because I would like to get
> >more familiar with torque.
>
> >I was trying to get started with the 3.0.2 version of torque and everything
> >went fine until the actual test of the classes that were generated.
> >Unfortunately I am a little bit confused how to build torque and then
> >configure it to produce classes that actually really connect to my MySQL
> >database.
>
> >So can any of you give me some tipps on which distribution to choose, maybe
> >also some extra documentation / tutorials, etc. ?
>
> >I noticed that the RC1 is out, unfortunately it did not work for me. I
> >couldn't even find the project-schema.xml documents, etc. Is there
> >currently still something missing in the RC1 or did I just not build it
> >correctly?
>
> >Any advice is welcome,
> >thanx,
> >SVEN
>

> >---
> >Sven Haiges
> >sh@flavor.de
>

> >--=======69E44AFE=======

>--
>Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen          INTERMETA GmbH
>hps@intermeta.de        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/
>
>Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services
>freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- hero for hire
>
>"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
>       -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)

---
Sven Haiges
sh@flavor.de
http://www.svenhaiges.de