Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2007/06/01 12:37:37 UTC

java.lang.LinkageError in itext module

I have discussed this with Vincent on IRC, but after one night of
trying, I still can't seem to get the doxia-itext-module to work. 'mvn
test' fails with the stacktrace below. I'm running maven 2.0.6 from the
command line, java 1.4.2, and no special settings. Vincent cannot
reproduce it and it works for me if I run the same sequence of commands
(as in the failing test) in a separate test project, ie outside maven,
with the same deps on the classpath. I have upgraded to newer versions
of itext (those buggers are changing their API with every release!), I
have forked the tests and I have even re-built itext from sources. No light.

Any ideas?

-Lukas

testGeneratingPDFFromITextXml(org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.ITextSinkTestCase)
  Time elapsed: 2.606 sec  <<< ERROR!

[ stdout ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stderr ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stacktrace ] -----------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/InputSource violates loader
constraints
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.InputEntity.init(InputEntity.java:187)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:638)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
	at com.lowagie.text.xml.XmlParser.go(Unknown Source)
	at com.lowagie.text.xml.XmlParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.lowagie.text.xml.XmlToXXX.parse(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.ITextUtil.writePdf(ITextUtil.java:118)
	at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.ITextSinkTestCase.testGeneratingPDFFromITextXml(ITextSinkTestCase.java:117)
	at
	at
	at
	at
	at
org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.executeJUnit(JUnitBattery.java:246)
	at
org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.execute(JUnitBattery.java:220)
	at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.executeBattery(Surefire.java:204)
	at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:153)
	at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:77)
	at
	at
	at org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run(SurefireBooter.java:104)
	at org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:309)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
	at
	at

Re: java.lang.LinkageError in itext module

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Ok, mvn -U resolved it, probably some surefire classloader issue.

(Thanks Vincent!)

-Lukas

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukas,

Just for the record, you need to bump to a new release of Surefire, i.e. 2.3.

Cheers,

Vincent