Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Chandrasekhar I.V." <iv...@netcontinuum.com> on 2002/11/15 13:08:43 UTC

[users@httpd] w3c extended logfile format support

Is there a support in apache to generate access logs in the w3c extended
log file format? I have apache 1.3.20 server and i dont find any
configuration pertaining to w3c extended logfile format. Theres only
CLF, extended CLF and custom log formats.
Do the latest versions of apache support this format?
Thanks
Sekhar.

Re: [users@httpd] w3c extended logfile format support

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Chandrasekhar I.V. wrote:

> Is there a support in apache to generate access logs in the w3c extended
> log file format? I have apache 1.3.20 server and i dont find any
> configuration pertaining to w3c extended logfile format. Theres only
> CLF, extended CLF and custom log formats.
> Do the latest versions of apache support this format?

Not directly.  Apache's mod_log_config is VERY flexible.  I believe it can
generate pretty much anything that the w3c extended format can generate.
But it won't put in the headers defining the columns.  You'd need to add
those some other way.

Joshua.