Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com> on 2015/02/12 08:04:23 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP/2?

What is the status of HTTP/2 support in apache?

--
But I been sane a long while now, and change is good.

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP/2?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Yeppers. The real issue is that HTTP/2 isn't even released yet,
and those who hoped that by jumping on the SPDY bandwagon meant a
jump-start on HTTP/2 now realize that a large chunk of the resources
spent on SPDY capability is now pretty much wasted and would
have been better spent on "green field" support of HTTP/2, when
it is finally out.

Personally, I am not a complete fan of HTTP/2, and, IMO at least,
the only reason it will succeed, if it does at all, is due to
it being pushed by Google, Facebook and the like; it won't be on
the actual technical merit of the protocol itself, in other
words.

Needless to say, however, once it makes sense to start on HTTP/2
dev on httpd, it will happen.

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP/2?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.