Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com> on 2010/02/23 06:56:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxy and Caching

Hi,
I am installing Wibiya toolbar on my site. But the .js file for the
toolbar is large (169 KB), so I'd prefer to compress it and deliver to
the clients to make their experience faster.

But I can't store the file locally because sometimes it may get updated
on wibiya's location.

My server has caching (disk) enabled.

Is it possible to cache the requests by ProxyPass ?

Or there's some other method by which Apache will download the file if
and only if it is updated (mod_cache does this for local files).

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Adminstrator

Re: [users@httpd] Proxy and Caching

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On 02/23/2010 01:30 PM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> Also have you tried mod_mem_cache instead the disk one?
>
>> On Feb 23, 2010 6:58 PM, "Igor Cicimov" <icicimov@gmail.com
>> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> You can run mod_cache with revers proxy and it will cache the back end
>> files if you tell it to do. Have a look at mod_expires too for some
>> client side caching too.

>> <ma...@itech7.com>> wrote: > > Hi, > I am installi...

mod_mem_cache not feasible for me. The server has only 500 MB of RAM
running PHP, Apache, PgSQL.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.