Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glenn MacGregor <gt...@oracom.com> on 2002/02/20 22:42:57 UTC

HTTP/1.1 and 0 end

Hi All,

I am using apache 1.3.22 and I see that if I do a HTTP get via telnet as 1.1
like:
GET /test HTTP/1.1
Host: test

I receive the page followed by a \r\n0\r\n.  Is this in the spec?  I see a
problem because I am getting xml pages from this server and passing them to
the xerces parser which is bombing on that ending 0

    Thanks

            Glenn

Re: HTTP/1.1 and 0 end

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Glenn MacGregor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using apache 1.3.22 and I see that if I do a HTTP get via telnet as 1.1
> like:
> GET /test HTTP/1.1
> Host: test
>
> I receive the page followed by a \r\n0\r\n.  Is this in the spec?  I see a
> problem because I am getting xml pages from this server and passing them to
> the xerces parser which is bombing on that ending 0

Don't ask for HTTP/1.1 unless you can handle it.  What you are getting is
chunked transfer encoding (see the response headers).  If you don't want
to decode that, ask for HTTP/1.0.

Joshua.