Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bruce & Sandy Salisbury <wa...@comcast.net> on 2014/01/19 23:34:45 UTC

iPad & OpenOffice

Greetings:

I would like to know if OpenOffice can be used on an iPad successfully or is
planned for iPad Air2?  If currently available for iPad, which one and where
can I obtain it?

If not OpenOffice, what is available to get out of mainstream and still
produce quality products?

I really want to leave Microsoft behind if possible.

Since I teach part-time at a public community college, and I am required to
teach Microsoft.  As I am close to retirement, I would like to get free of
them.  I am moving away from PCs to the world of Apple.

FYI ~ I do stress to my students that OpenOffice is free and available to
them, and that if they master the concepts of MS they will make the
transition easily.

Thanks,

Bruce

---

Re: iPad & OpenOffice

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
Apple is more expensive than PC.

Re: iPad & OpenOffice

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 22 Jan 2014, at 12:16, Paul Scheider <pa...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Alternatively you could use PAGES which runs on all Apple-devices.

Unfortunately Pages does not either import or export OO format; the only OO bridge is via a .doc file.

I have Pages, but find its UI enough different from anything I'm used to that it's a PITA making it do what I want.

jt

Re: iPad & OpenOffice

Posted by Paul Scheider <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Bruce,

OpenOffice runs with Apple's OS X-System. That's the iMacs, Notebooks.
The flat Apple-devices like iPad, iPhone run with iOS and with that
system it's NO OO.

Alternatively you could use PAGES which runs on all Apple-devices.

Kind regards - Paul