Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Greg Adamski <gr...@oneclicktennis.com> on 2007/10/14 11:22:24 UTC

Locking issue

Hello,

I'm having a weird locking issue. The main loop iterates for around 99
times, and then stalls. If lock monitoring is turned on I get a lock timeout
exception. When I use table level locking instead of row level locking, this
piece of code works fine, but that's not acceptable as far as the rest of
the system is concerned.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can work around that problem? Is
there a configuration setting that can be changed that will increase the
number of iterations before a deadlock?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg Adamski