Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Guillermo Meyer <gm...@sib.interbanking.com.ar> on 2004/01/19 14:00:19 UTC

Struts-Faces & Xkins

I'm working in a set of renderers to be used with JSF using Xkins.
In this release (0.2) it supports Struts-Faces integration.
If anyone is interested in this, please take a look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xkins

It's very simple to try the example (works upon Struts-Faces demo). I'm
working with others renderers like table Renderer (in this version table
renderer is not supported). Xkins has also a Struts 1.1 plugin.

XkinsFaces is set of renderers that acts as decorators of existing
renderers and implements Renderers. XkinsFaces works on top of Xkins and
has a basic Skin that contains all Xkins Templates needed by the
renderers.
A valid xkinsFaces Skin must extend this basic Skin in order to work.
So, basic skin defines a "well known" set of templates to implement and
use with XkinsFaces. Anyone can create his or her own Skin extending
basic, deploy this new skin in a XkinsFaces application and the webapp
will look like this skin commands. In a future, there could be lots of
skins you could download and deploy in your webapp to look diferent
without changing anything of your JSPs, classes or HTML.

Xkins also comes with a taglib set called XkinsForms that also can be
used with Struts to add skins to web applications.

Cheers.
Guillermo Meyer.