Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/10/03 01:45:10 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "ReferenceManualTenTwo" by SusanCline

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SusanCline:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReferenceManualTenTwo

  ||[#exceptionmessages Derby exception messages and SQL States] ([https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1566 DERBY-1566])|| jta, Yip || Completed ||
  ||[#jdbcref JDBC Reference] || Mamta, Kristian || ||
  ||[#settingattr Setting attributes for the database connection URL] || Mamta || ||
- ||[#j2eecompliance J2EE Compliance: Java Transaction API and javax.sql Extensions] || Susan || ||
+ ||[#j2eecompliance J2EE Compliance: Java Transaction API and javax.sql Extensions] || Susan || This was never fixed.  I did not submit a patch, but the latest distribution (10.2.1.6) does not contain this change. (Susan) ||
  ||[#derbyapi Derby API] || Mamta || ||
  ||[#derbylimits Derby limitations] || || ||

@@ -31, +31 @@

  ||RENAME TABLE statement || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqljrenametablestatement.html rrefsqljrenametablestatement.html] || Yip || RENAME TABLE needs to address that one can only perform renaming of a table if the user is the database owner or the user have the authorization to the schema of the table to be renamed. || Fixed  (Laura) ||
  ||LOCK TABLE statement || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqlj40506.html rrefsqlj40506.html] || Yip || LOCK TABLE needs to address that one can only perform locking of a table if the user is the database owner or the user have the proper privilege to execute such an action.  This is not covered in the design spec. || Fixed (Laura) ||
  ||CREATE TRIGGER statement || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqlj43125.html rrefsqlj43125.html] || Yip || The statement "You can create a trigger in any schema except one that starts with SYS." is no longer true when sql authorization is enabled.  Also, under the syntax section, { INSERT | DELETE | UPDATE } [OF column-name [, column-name]* ] should be { INSERT | DELETE | UPDATE [ OF column-name [, column-name]* ] } || Fixed (Laura) ||
- ||Built-in Functions || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/toc.html ref/toc.html] || Susan || The table of contents was edited to include the new Math Functions (see DERBY-1549) ACOS, ASIN, ATAN, etc.  The word "function" was added to each of these functions in the toc, whereas the existing functions do not contain this word.  For consistency it would be better if this word was removed. || ||
+ ||Built-in Functions || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/toc.html ref/toc.html] || Susan || The table of contents was edited to include the new Math Functions (see DERBY-1549) ACOS, ASIN, ATAN, etc.  The word "function" was added to each of these functions in the toc, whereas the existing functions do not contain this word.  For consistency it would be better if this word was removed. || This has not been fixed as of the 10.2.1.6 RC. ||
  ||ATAN Function || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rreffuncatan.html rreffuncatan.html] || Susan  || According to DERBY-1548, Derby does not support negative zero, so this statement 'If the specified number is zero (0), the result of this function is zero with the same sign as the specified number. ' should be changed to this 'If the specified number is zero (0), the result of this function is zero.'  || Fixed (Laura) ||
  ||CEIL Function || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rreffuncceil.html rreffuncceil.html] || Susan  || According to DERBY-1548, Derby does not support negative zero, so this statement 'If the specified number is less than zero but greater than -1.0, then the result of these functions is negative zero.' should be changed to this 'If the specified number is less than zero but greater than -1.0, then the result of these functions is zero.'  || Fixed (Laura) ||
  ||JDBC Escape Syntax - PI Function || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefjdbc88908.html rrefjdbc88908.html] || Susan  || I think this is a typo - 'Returns an value that is closer than any other value to pi.'  I believe this is correct, 'Returns a value that is closer than any other value to pi.'  || Fixed (Laura) ||
@@ -43, +43 @@

  || XML Operators || various || Dan D || The XML operators and data type include text about requiring Xalan etc. When trying out XML I felt lost at this point because there was no information on what I was meant to do. It was the feeling I was being told "You need to do something with Xalan to get this to work, but you are going to have to figure that out yourself". It stopped me from evaluating Mustang with XML. Can there be information in the developers' guide about this, and a link to that information from these Usage notes? || ||
  || XMLSERIAIZE operator || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rreffuncxmlserialize.html rreffuncxmlserialize.html ] || Susan ||  To retain consistencey in all of the XML examples the example table name should remain x_table.  When used in the XMLSERIALIZE example it was changed to xtable. || Fixed (Laura) ||
  || CAST function || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefsqlj33562.html rrefsqlj33562.html] || Susan ||  Several of the values listed in the supported CAST conversion table are incorrect when casting to VARCHAR and TIMESTAMP.  See [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1804 DERBY-1804] || Fixed (Laura) ||
- || SECOND, SMALLINT, SUBSTR, TIMESTAMP, UCASE functions || See the following thread on [http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200609.mbox/%3c20060901224247.49614.qmail@web81305.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e derby-dev] || Susan || There are some incorrect statements or errors for all of these functions. || ||
+ || SECOND, SMALLINT, SUBSTR, TIMESTAMP, UCASE functions || See the following thread on [http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200609.mbox/%3c20060901224247.49614.qmail@web81305.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e derby-dev] || Susan || There are some incorrect statements or errors for all of these functions. || According to Dan, Derby-908 address this. ||
  || DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefdeclaretemptable.html rrefdeclaretemptable.html] || Myrna ||  1. DOUBLE is missing from list of supported Data-types (although it's a synonym of DOUBLE PRECISION which is there, so minor, minor).  2. Following are missing from 'the following data types cannot be used with Declared...': CHAR FOR BIT DATA, VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA, LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA.  3. The section 'Restrictions specific to Derby' needs to be integrated into the section 'Restrictions on Declared Global Temporary Tables'. Some items are in both places, for instance, 'Temporary tables cannot be specified in the following statements' lists 'LOCK' and  the other section 'LOCK TABLE'. On the other hand, CREATE INDEX is not in the list of unsupported statements, but the 'Restrictions specific to Derby' shows that 'Indexes' are not supported. || Fixed (Laura) ||
  || !TableExpression || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rreftableexpression.html rreftableexpression.html ] || Myrna ||  Link to and list with 1 item !TableOrViewExpression is placed oddly. I think !TableOrViewExpression should be the main item, and !TableExpression should be a subitem. Maybe we can just get rid of the page for !TableExpression altogether and only have !TableOrViewExpression instead with all the info currently on the !TableExpression page - except for combining the syntax.  || ||

@@ -96, +96 @@

  [[Anchor(j2eecompliance)]]'''J2EE Compliance: Java Transaction API and javax.sql Extensions: '''

  ||'''Sub Section''' || '''HTML Url''' or '''PDF Page''' || '''Reviewer'''|| '''Comment''' ||'''Resolution''' ||
- || javax.sql:JDBC Extensions || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefjta18596.html HTML Url] || Susan || This URL no longer exists: (For more details about these extensions, see http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbc20.stdext.javadoc/javax/sql/package-summary.html). The page that has this information, although you have to browse to the section called JDBC 2.0 Optional Package API is http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html || ||
+ || javax.sql:JDBC Extensions || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefjta18596.html HTML Url] || Susan || This URL no longer exists: (For more details about these extensions, see http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbc20.stdext.javadoc/javax/sql/package-summary.html). The page that has this information, although you have to browse to the section called JDBC 2.0 Optional Package API is http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html || As noticed above, no changes have been made to the docs. ||

  [[Anchor(derbyapi)]]'''Derby API: '''