Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas von Hassel <th...@elements.dk> on 2003/05/08 11:20:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Collecting logfiles

Hello

We have several apache servers and each of them is naturally generating
it's own logfiles. We want to streamline out logfile generation,
storage and analysis. Is there an easy way to get apache to log to a
remote host so all logfiles from the diferent servers end up on one
central logginf machine ? ...i know you can do this with syslogd, but i
havnt found an easy solution for apache.

re.

Thomas

Re: [users@httpd] Collecting logfiles

Posted by tempo <te...@tempo.dyndns.org>.

> We have several apache servers and each of them is naturally
> generating it's own logfiles. We want to streamline out logfile
> generation, storage and analysis. Is there an easy way to get apache
> to log to a remote host so all logfiles from the diferent servers end
> up on one central logginf machine ? ...i know you can do this with
> syslogd, but i havnt found an easy solution for apache.

You can configure apache log to be piped into your own script.
look at "piped log" into Apache doc

Frederic TEMPORELLI

Re: [users@httpd] Collecting logfiles

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:20:30AM +0200, Thomas von Hassel wrote:
> We have several apache servers and each of them is naturally generating
> it's own logfiles. We want to streamline out logfile generation,
> storage and analysis. Is there an easy way to get apache to log to a
> remote host so all logfiles from the diferent servers end up on one
> central logginf machine ? ...i know you can do this with syslogd, but i
> havnt found an easy solution for apache.

There's a few options here.  As an earlier reply suggested, logging to
database is one option.  This can grow unwieldy if you're dealing with a
large volume of logs, however.  If that describes your environment, you
might want to have a look at mod_log_spread :

http://www.backhand.org/mod_log_spread/

Zac