Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mj1932 <mj...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/06 15:08:57 UTC

jax-ws @WebParam "Required" annotation?

Im kinda a newb to using jax-ws annotations.  I have created a WebService
using jax-ws annotations that I'm exposing using CXF.  I have explicitly
marked it as DOC, LITERAL and all my java clients & SOAP-UI can use it fine.
Unfortunately a FLEX client is having issues and I think it maybe because
the @WebParam shows up as "optional".  Is there an annotation to make a
@WebParam required?  I've looked around at Sun, IBM, and CXF sites regarding
annotations and haven't found anything defined for that via any of the
JAX-WS related JSRs.  Any advice to configure these as required would be
appreciated.  Also if anyone can recommend any other resources to solicit
about this, it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: jax-ws @WebParam "Required" annotation?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
By "optional", I assume you mean the minOccurs="0" we put in the wsdl.
Correct?

If so, this is technically a spec compliant thing.   Any non-primitives
are optional. Only primitives are required.

With 2.1.2 and earlier, the ONLY way to control this would be to run a
java2ws -wsdl or similar to get the wsdl/schema and then modify the wsdl
and convert your config to have it use the modified wsdl.

With 2.1.3, you will be able to write a ServiceConfiguration object that
can override the getWrapperPartMinOccurs method to return 1 instead of
0.  You can try the 2.1.3 snapshots if you want to play with that.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org