Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/05 08:00:28 UTC

Re: AXIS2 - RunTimeException: : Unsupported type null Part

can you send your wsdl, skelton and the stub files?

for me it seems to be an OM problem. I am not sure whether there is a
difference between the Stream readers returns when specifing
param.getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching() and getXMLStreamReader().

However it seems that former method seems to be return null for the
following method
java.lang.String nsUri = reader.getNamespaceContext
().getNamespaceURI(nsPrefix);

On 4/4/07, Patrick Houbaux <pa...@eurostep.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I'm currently using axis2-1.2-RC2 and I notice the same following things
> with axis2-1.1.1.
>
> I have a wsdl from which I'm generating the server side skeleton and the
> client side stub using ADB.
>
> When I invoke a method from the client I get the following exception:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported type
> null Part
>         at com.eurostep.wstest2.Test2Stub.fromOM(Test2Stub.java:488)
>         at com.eurostep.wstest2.Test2Stub.getPLMObject(Test2Stub.java:167)
>         at com.eurostep.test2.client.Test2Client.main(Test2Client.java:33)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported type null Part
>         at com.eurostep.wstest2.ExtensionMapper.getTypeObject(
> ExtensionMapper.java:191)
>         at org.plcs.www.plmservices.types.PLM_object$Factory.parse
> (PLM_object.java:386)
>         at org.plcs.www.message.GetPLMObjectOut$Factory.parse(
> GetPLMObjectOut.java:420)
>         at com.eurostep.wstest2.Test2Stub.fromOM(Test2Stub.java:468)
>         ... 2 more
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported type
> null Part
>
> I noticed that in the client Stub the fromOM method is generated as
> follow:
>         private  java.lang.Object fromOM(
>                 org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement param,
>                 java.lang.Class type,
>                 java.util.Map extraNamespaces){
>         try {
>             if (org.plcs.www.message.GetPLMObjectOut.class.equals(type)){
>                 return org.plcs.www.message.GetPLMObjectOut.Factory.parse(
> param.getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching());
>             }
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>         throw new RuntimeException(e);
>         }
>            return null;
>         }
>
> If I replace the call to:
>     getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching()
> by
>     getXMLStreamReader()
> this exception is not thrown anymore and the client is working like a
> charm.
>
> Is this a bug in the ADB code generator? If not, what could be the source
> of such an error?
>
> I have to fix the same thing on the server side in
> Test2MessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(...) method.
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick.
>

>  --
>  ------------------------------------------------------------------
> | *Patrick Houbaux*
> | Senior Consultant
> | Eurostep AB            Email: patrick.houbaux@eurostep.com
> | Drottninggatan 68      Mobile: +33 611 192 943
> | SE-111 21 Stockholm    Fax: +46 (0) 8-200 399
> | Sweden                 URL: http://www.eurostep.com
> |                        Skype name: phoubaux
> | Home address:
> | BAT A11
> [...]