Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com> on 2009/06/03 02:15:46 UTC

Event model doesn't contain the definition for org.apache.fop.afp.AFPEventProducer

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest source from the trunk and I have build it.
When I tried to run FO -> AFP I got the below exception.
Can anyone guide me to get rid of this error. Your help is greatly
appreciated.

I have downloaded the file by file from the trunk. I believe I did not miss
any file.
Is there a way that we can download the complete code from trunk by single
click.

The exception I got is below.

C:\FOP\fop-0.95>C:\FOP_RANDD\fop-0.95-src\fop-0.95\fop.bat
C:\FOP\fop-0.95\1.fo
-afp 1.afp -c C:\FOP_RANDD\fop-0.95-src\fop-0.95\conf\fop.xconf
Jun 2, 2009 7:34:27 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
INFO: Default page-height set to: 11in
Jun 2, 2009 7:34:28 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
INFO: Default page-width set to: 8.26in
Jun 2, 2009 7:34:28 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Event model doesn't contain the definition
for
org.apache.fop.afp.AFPEventProducer
        at
org.apache.fop.events.DefaultEventBroadcaster.createProxyFor(DefaultE
ventBroadcaster.java:121)
        at
org.apache.fop.events.DefaultEventBroadcaster.getEventProducerFor(Def
aultEventBroadcaster.java:95)
        at
org.apache.fop.afp.AFPEventProducer$Provider.get(AFPEventProducer.jav
a:41)
        at
org.apache.fop.afp.fonts.AFPFontCollection.setup(AFPFontCollection.ja
va:56)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.FontManager.setup(FontManager.java:156)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.afp.AFPRenderer.setupFontInfo(AFPRenderer.java:
195)
        at
org.apache.fop.area.RenderPagesModel.<init>(RenderPagesModel.java:73)

        at
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler.setupModel(AreaTreeHandler.java:1
30)
        at
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler.<init>(AreaTreeHandler.java:102)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory.createFOEventHandler(RendererFa
ctory.java:359)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.<init>(FOTreeBuilder.java:105)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.createDefaultHandler(Fop.java:100)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.<init>(Fop.java:78)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newFop(FopFactory.java:253)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:107)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:174)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:205)

Thanks!

Regards,
Bharat

Re: Event model doesn't contain the definition for org.apache.fop.afp.AFPEventProducer

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

attaluri1210 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the latest source from the trunk and I have build it.
> When I tried to run FO -> AFP I got the below exception.
> Can anyone guide me to get rid of this error. Your help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I have downloaded the file by file from the trunk. I believe I did not miss
> any file.
> Is there a way that we can download the complete code from trunk by single
> click.

You need a Subversion client to download the Trunk code. Have a look
there:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html#source

> The exception I got is below.

Did you build FOP using the provided ant file? It does more than just
compiling the source code, it also generates all sorts of files that are
needed to properly run FOP. See there:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/compiling.html

> C:\FOP\fop-0.95>C:\FOP_RANDD\fop-0.95-src\fop-0.95\fop.bat
> C:\FOP\fop-0.95\1.fo
> -afp 1.afp -c C:\FOP_RANDD\fop-0.95-src\fop-0.95\conf\fop.xconf
> Jun 2, 2009 7:34:27 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
> INFO: Default page-height set to: 11in
> Jun 2, 2009 7:34:28 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
> INFO: Default page-width set to: 8.26in
> Jun 2, 2009 7:34:28 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
> SEVERE: Exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Event model doesn't contain the definition
> for
> org.apache.fop.afp.AFPEventProducer
<snip/>

> Thanks!