Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 08:36:59 UTC

Uninstall or undeploy artifact?

Hello,
We install or deploy artifacts via the corresponding plugins.
What about uninstall or undeploy artifacts?

Of course, I can delete the artifacts from repository simply.
But when I'm developing with IDE(Eclipse, I make Maven as Eclipse external
tool, and use it conveniently),
then I expect to delete some artifact via manipulating pom.xml as the same
as that in installing/delpoying the artifact.

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

Re: Uninstall or undeploy artifact?

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Franz,
I really understand what you said.

With my personal custom, I want to keep my repo clean. Garbage should be
cleaned.
For example, I have an project(artifact), which has been installed to repo,
now I want to change its groupId or artifactId.
Then I would like uninstall it from repo firstly, then change the pom and
install it repeatedly.

I think you don't think that's a problem.
If Maven doesn't care the requirement, I also think that's OK.

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Sha Jiang,