Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/28 18:54:10 UTC

[ANN] Tapestry5-Cayenne Integration Module 0.1

Hi all,

I'd like to announce the first release of a Tapestry5-Cayenne
integration module that Robert Zeigler and I have been working on.
The goal of this module is to provide seemless integration of the
Cayenne ORM with your Tapestry5 web apps.  It's very similar in nature
to the Hibernate module.

The release is alpha, but we've been using it on some production apps
with good success.  A short list of current features:

- ObjectContext creation and binding to Application State Object for
easy context retrieval
- Injectable ObjectContext (with on-demand creation) for sessionless
applications
- ValueEncoder for all Persistent objects
- BeanModelSource implementation to hide Cayenne's "non-editable" fields
- Pluggable ID encoding strategies for URL generation in order to
prevent data tampering
- Editors and viewers for Persistent objects, allowing Persistent
objects to be used in BeanEditor and BeanDisplay with no effort
- Rich components and supporting services for making working with
Persistent objects as simple as possible

The project is ASLv2 licensed and assemblies are provided as packed
JARs or via maven2.

Documentation: http://t5cayenne.saiwai-solutions.com/
Code & downloads: http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-cayenne/

--