Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/06/14 18:55:44 UTC

TODO (was RE: Automagic Announcement Generation)

> Also, is our TODO list up to date?

Well, could someone please help and have
a look at the sub sitemap error?
(I need this to work real badly)

Or proove I'm wrong...

But since Giacomo experienced the
same behavior I feel quite confident
it is not my fault (this time ;)
--
Torsten

Re: sub sitemap and components (was: RE: TODO)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Make sure the Component also implements one of the lifestyle
interfaces:

SingleThreaded (instantiated by factory method)
ThreadSafe (one instance shared)
Poolable (multiple instances recycled after use)

The ComponentManager in Excalibur makes the safest assumption
it can in the absence of these: it assumes the Component is
SingleThreaded.

The implications of choosing the lifestyle of choice are:

SingleThreaded:  Creation is delayed until you actually request
                 it.  There is never a Component in reserve.

ThreadSafe: It is created on initialization, and the one instance
            is shared between all requesters.

Poolable: It is created on initialization with multiple instances.
          as it is requested, unused instances are given to the
          client.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Re: TODO (was RE: Automagic Announcement Generation)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Also, is our TODO list up to date?
>
> Well, could someone please help and have
> a look at the sub sitemap error?
> (I need this to work real badly)
>
> Or proove I'm wrong...
>
> But since Giacomo experienced the
> same behavior I feel quite confident
> it is not my fault (this time ;)

It seems to be fixed now (my clean version from about a half an hour ago
work well with sub sitemaps.

Giacomo