Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pablo Garaitonandia <pa...@perfectorder.com> on 2004/06/09 20:10:16 UTC

cocoon install

Hi guys,
    I am trying to install cocoon and I am having no luck. I am running
Solaris 8 sparc I am guessing that there is something goofy with the
build.sh every time
I try to install I get the following

[root@or3 /usr/local/src/cocoon-2.1.5]# ./build.sh
./build.sh: ANT_HOME=tools: is not an identifier

I set all my environment variables correctly and I tried to edit the
build.sh with no luck

CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19
CLASSPATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02/lib:/usr/local/ant/lib
ANT_HOME=/usr/local/ant
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02
PATH=/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/local/lib:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/ucb:/usr/lib/sparcv9:/usr/lib:/opt/local/bin/mozilla:/usr/local/vnc:/usr/local/scripts:/usr/local/Openssh/bin:/usr/local/scripts/bin

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Pablo

Re: cocoon install

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> Pablo wrote:
>
>> OK I figured it out.  A bash shell user wrote the build.sh . How can
>> I  tell .  Because build.sh is written in shell and the export
>> commands  are in bash shell format.
>>
>> for example you can NOT  write the following in shell script
>> export ANT_HOME=tools
>>
>> rather you have to write
>> ANT_HOME=tools ; export ANT_HOME
>>
>> You can see this all over the build.sh shell script. So for anybody
>> searching the archives that are having the same problem now you know.
>> -Pablo
>

> Thanks, I'll work on fixing this... next time feel free to file a bug or
> send a patch of your own ;)

Actually, this has been fixed in CVS already since 2.1.5 was released, which explains why I couldn't
find the export statements in my copy of the code:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/build.sh?r1=1.12&r2=1.13&diff_format=h

Tony

Re: cocoon install

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.

Re: cocoon install

Posted by Pablo <pa...@perfectorder.com>.

Re: cocoon install

Posted by Irfan Hamid <ir...@enst.fr>.

Re: cocoon install

Posted by Pablo <pa...@perfectorder.com>.
Thanx Rui,
     I figured it out right before I got your email.

-Pablo

Re: cocoon install

Posted by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>.
Hi,