Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by vinod maheswar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 11:18:22 UTC

Tuscany with BPEL

Hi All ,
I'm very new to the SOA world and SCA. For the past few days I was spending
my time with Tuscany, but I think all of my efforts went in vain, either my
target was not set wright or my knowledge in Tuscany is low. I'm looking
forward for some expert guidance here, please help me out.

My target is to create a Enterprise web application comprising of Spring
components/composites managed with BPEL. I did went through the Specs
available, samples available with Tuscany distribution etc, I couldn't find
one which exactly matches my requirement.

I would like to list out my questions, please have a look .

1) My target is to create Tuscany components with Spring, each of these
components will be managed with BPEL. Even if it is not a good example I
would like to present a Calculator sample to explain this.

            Eg  My calculator application will be having Add, Divide and
Subtract functions, so equivalent Spring components will be created. Each of
these Add, Divide and Subtract components will expose respective services.
These services will be managed by a calculator composite which is created
with BPEL. Is this possible?

            In order to manage Add, Divide and Subtract functions with BPEL
each of these components should expose the functionalities as WS
right?(Since BPEL deals with WSDL), is this possible in Tuscany?

            Is it possible to implement local binding of
components/composites in Tuscany even if we specify the binding is WS, since
the web service binding might be heavy.Is there any work around for this?
This is a critical requirement for me. With the available documentation and
tutorials I didn't yet came across a one which depicts this scenario. Please
let me know whether it is possible to wire composites in the same Tuscany
runtime with WS.

            I'm unable to access a composite level WS service from another,
is this possible with Tuscany?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward for your help.

Best regards,
Mahi

Re: Tuscany with BPEL

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:18 AM, vinod maheswar
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All ,
> I'm very new to the SOA world and SCA. For the past few days I was spending
> my time with Tuscany, but I think all of my efforts went in vain, either my
> target was not set wright or my knowledge in Tuscany is low. I'm looking
> forward for some expert guidance here, please help me out.
>
> My target is to create a Enterprise web application comprising of Spring
> components/composites managed with BPEL. I did went through the Specs
> available, samples available with Tuscany distribution etc, I couldn't find
> one which exactly matches my requirement.
>
> I would like to list out my questions, please have a look .
>
> 1) My target is to create Tuscany components with Spring, each of these
> components will be managed with BPEL. Even if it is not a good example I
> would like to present a Calculator sample to explain this.
>
>             Eg  My calculator application will be having Add, Divide and
> Subtract functions, so equivalent Spring components will be created. Each of
> these Add, Divide and Subtract components will expose respective services.
> These services will be managed by a calculator composite which is created
> with BPEL. Is this possible?
>
>             In order to manage Add, Divide and Subtract functions with BPEL
> each of these components should expose the functionalities as WS
> right?(Since BPEL deals with WSDL), is this possible in Tuscany?
>
>             Is it possible to implement local binding of
> components/composites in Tuscany even if we specify the binding is WS, since
> the web service binding might be heavy.Is there any work around for this?
> This is a critical requirement for me. With the available documentation and
> tutorials I didn't yet came across a one which depicts this scenario. Please
> let me know whether it is possible to wire composites in the same Tuscany
> runtime with WS.
>
>             I'm unable to access a composite level WS service from another,
> is this possible with Tuscany?
>

> Thanks in advance, and looking forward for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Mahi

Hi Mahi

You should be able to do this. Was you intention to have a single
"Calculator" BPEL component wire to multiple services exposed by a
simple "CalculatorFunctions" Spring component? Where the Spring
component exposes Add, Subtract, Divide, Multiply services which in
turn are implemented by separate Spring beans?

Simon