Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Richard Abraham <ri...@mnr.gov.on.ca> on 1999/06/09 20:45:45 UTC

general/4550: ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE LD_LIBRARY_PATH becomes corrupted.

>Number:         4550
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE LD_LIBRARY_PATH becomes corrupted.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a cgi-script which submits a at job.
In the atjob file all environment variables are set.
There are a lot more than at APACHE version 1.2
All seem to be Okay except for LD_LIBRARY_PATH which is set in
the cgi-script to /remo6/arcexe71/lib:/usr/lib.
In the atjob file it appears as:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LD_LIBRARY_PATH='M-^?268M-^?0M-^?/remo6/arcexe71/lib:/usr/lib

The jibberish prepended to the value did not appear with APACHE version 1.2.
The jibberish does not appear for any other environment variable, just
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
I tried changing values etc., nothing worked.
I tried setting another environment variable called LIBRARY_PATH, and no
jibberish appeared.
I got around the problem by moving the libraries to /usr/lib and commenting
out the setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH statement in the cgi-script.  So the problem
is not critical.
>How-To-Repeat:
No it's on an Intranet sight.
>Fix: