Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "A. Micka" <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/26 17:56:35 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dav / mod_ssl file corruption

After a recent upgrade to apache 2.0.55, we are unable to PUT files using
WebDAV over SSL.

When accessed directly, the WebDAV upload hangs after uploading about 8k of
data.  Because our DAV servers are behind a proxy, uploads sent through the
proxy server appear to be uploaded correctly but the resulting file is
corrupted and 1K chunks of the file are repeated and scrambled.

Things work as expected when accessed without SSL.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

[users@httpd] Re: mod_dav / mod_ssl file corruption

Posted by "A. Micka" <am...@gmail.com>.
I hope someone has further insight on this because we're stumped --

We have been running mod_ssl+mod_dav behind a mod_proxy instance for years.
However, our upgrade from 2.0.52 to 2.0.55 has caused some very strange
behavior:

A WebDAV PUT over SSL stalls after uploading 8k of data.  When accessed
through the proxy host, these files are corrupted:  The first 8k of the file
is missing, and the 2nd 8k block appears two or more times.

When upgrading apache and its modules, we did not change any configuration
files or alter any other software behavior.  I would be very appreciative of
any insight or assistance.

Thanks!