Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com> on 2004/02/29 20:38:07 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/workflow/java/org/apache/lenya/xml DocumentHelper.java

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>As far as I know (from my weak memory :) ) there hasn't been a vote
>at Cocoon about "accepting" this block.
>
>So, can you please enlighten us (or only me?) about the use of this
>block for Cocoon and why you want to move it here?
>
>I'm really worried that everyone starts a new block whenever he
>thinks it's right to do without asking anyone (This is not targetted
>at you Gregor.). I did this myself, yes.
>But I think we should sometime really start to discuss new blocks,
>otherwise we get burried under too many blocks noone maintains.
>In fact a block is a new subproject that perhaps should go through
>incubation etc.

I think until we have real binary (deploy time, not compile time)
blocks, and an infrastructure to support mini-subprojects out of the
core, the reality is that we have to keep all this stuff in the current
cvs.

Personally I'm quite interested in a workflow block, so had we discussed
it I'd have been in favor of it for just the reason they mention:  Lenya
is not the only place it's useful.

Geoff