Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/02/12 14:56:12 UTC

Applying SLING-4372 (fix for a potential memory leak)

Hi

SLING-4372 is dealing with a potential memory leak of the resource
resolver module wrt to using the finalize method. I've fixed the issue
with removing the finalize method and using references.

It seems this problem is effecting our users lately (although that code
is in there for a long time), therefore I would cut a new release with
that fix.

However as we have the work of SLING-848 already in trunk, we can't
directly release the resource resolver module without releasing API and
other stuff as well; and this on the other hand creates a burden on our
users if they just want to have this fix.

Therefore I plan to temporarily revert SLING-848 in that module, release
the fix, and reapply the changes. My idea is to do this tomorrow morning
if no one objects. (I cut create a branch for this, but I don't think
that's really necessary)

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Applying SLING-4372 (fix for a potential memory leak)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Everything is back, so I hope I didn't break anything and the code of
SLING-848 is in there as it was before.

Carsten

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hi Carsten,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Btw, Radu had similar problems with the login - not sure what the
> solution was.

I reopened my INFRA, they recreated my account and luckily everything seems
to work fine now.

> Everything is back, so I hope I didn't break anything and the code of
> SLING-848 is in there as it was before.

Thanks, I'll perform sanity test on all related bundles.

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek
Senior Software Engineer

Cognifide Polska Sp. z o.o.
skype: trekawek

www.cognifide.com

Re: Applying SLING-4372 (fix for a potential memory leak)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hello Carsten,

wrote:

Therefore I plan to temporarily revert SLING-848 in that module, release
> the fix, and reapply the changes. My idea is to do this tomorrow morning
> if no one objects. (I cut create a branch for this, but I don't think
> that's really necessary)

Fine by me. I'd offer help with the reapplying changes, but my account
doesn't work really stable (eg. right now I can't even login).

Best regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek