Posted to users@jena.apache.org by javed khan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/22 15:16:00 UTC

Inconsistency in Ontologies

Hello

What are the possible examples (chances) of inconsistencies in ontologies?
Like one I know is if we take same instance of classes that are disjoint.

Also what (chances of) inconsistencies arises when data is extracted from
Wikipedia infoboxes via Dbpedia?

Thank you

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Inconsistency in Ontologies

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
throwing in my two cents:

Seriously, you should read more related work - this has issue has been
addressed for almost 10 years.

To give you a short hint, the whole question can only be answered of you
define the language + the logical formalism. But again, some other
groups already have been working on it, starting from patterns-based
approaches, over proper ML-based approached, etc. - check all those
papers first, then start thinking about novel ideas

As said in the previous thread, it's for sure off-topic for the Jena
mailing list.

Lorenz

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
You should probably ask on