Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Swapna Vuppala <sw...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/03 10:14:02 UTC

Can we have "location" indexed as a field into solr through ManifoldCF

Hi,

Am using ManifoldCF to crawl Windows Share repository and index documents
from them into Solr. I have got a requirement where I want the location of
the document to be indexed as a field in Solr. Can we achieve this from
ManifoldCF ?

For example, when I define a Windows Share repository connection with *
server1*, and a Job with path name *path1* (present on server1), I want all
the documents that are indexed into Solr with this job to have a field
which tells me the location, which is* \\server1\path1*.
Hope am clear in what I want.

Can we achieve this by defining some parameters at ManifoldCF end or is
there any possible way ? Can someone please let me know of any ideas to get
this done ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.

Re: Can we have "location" indexed as a field into solr through ManifoldCF

Posted by Swapna Vuppala <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Karl, I'll look at the area you suggested.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.