Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/08 09:29:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.4

Hi All,

the Pivot 2.0.4 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, and is
ready for a vote.
The artifacts, RAT reports, and KEYS file can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/pivot-2.0.4_release/

Note that just for convenience there are even Maven bundles for
installing them in a real Maven Repository:
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/pivot-2.0.4_maven/

The tag from which the release artifacts were generated can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/2.0.4/

In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT
key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/), but just for convenience that key is
even here:
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/F9EDAF10.asc , and
smartini_apache.asc is only a copy of it with a better name.

Please vote to publish this release by Monday , May 19 at 12:00 GMT.
Note that voting may conclude early if people have the time to look
earlier (but in any case, minimum 72 hours).

Remember that the Apache Voting Process requires a minimum of 3
Bindings +1 vote for the release to be successful (see the "Votes on
Package Release" paragraph).

In your vote, please include the testing you performed to arrive at your vote.

[  ] +1 Publish
[  ] +0
[  ] -0
[  ] -1 Don't publish

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.4

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes with 3 binding +1, 0 non-binding +1, and no 0 or -1.

We'll post the final binaries to the site and the central Maven repo shortly.

Thank you very much to all who participated in this release !!

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.4

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Publish

- Download artefacts from
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/pivot-2.0.4_release/
- Verify MD5 & SHA checksums
- Verify PGP signing
- Review RAT files
- Review LICENSE, NOTICE, README & RELEASE-NOTES files
- Verify uncompressed content of corresponding 'zip' and 'tar.gz' archives
are identical
- Ensure downloaded apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.zip matches source checked out
from SVN tagged as 2.0.4

Build env 1 : Win 7 Pro x64, Oracle JDK 1.6.0_27-b07 x86, Ant 1.9.2, JUnit
4.11
Build env 2 : Ubuntu Server 13.10 x64, Oracle JDK 1.7.0_55-b13 x64, Ant
1.9.2, JUnit 4.11

- Run ant clean test
  - Ensure no tests fail
- Run ant clean install
  - Browse generated Javadoc in ./install/apache-pivot-2.0.4/doc
  - Deploy WAR files from ./install/apache-pivot-2.0.4/webapps to Tomcat
7.0.55
  - Test various applet & web start links
    - Win 7 Pro x64, Opera 12.17 build 1863, Oracle JRE 1.6.0_27 x86
    - Win 7 Pro x64, IE 10.0.9200.16899, Oracle JRE 1.6.0_27 x86
    - Win 7 Pro x64, Firefox 29.0.1, Oracle JRE 1.6.0_27 x86
    - Win XP Pro SP3, IE 8.0.6001.18702, Oracle JDK 1.7.0_55-b13 x86
    - Win XP Pro SP3, Chrome 34.0.1847.137 m, Oracle JDK 1.7.0_55-b13 x86
  - Check Kitchen Sink applet displays 'Pivot-2.0.4_00' as version in the
'Info' Rollup
- Check various other Ant targets

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.4

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
this is my vote:

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.4

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Pivot 2.0.4 tests
(all on OSX 10.6.8)
1. Downloaded all the file (via sftp) from
people.apache.org/~smartini/pivot-2.0.4_release
2. Verified the "md5" checksums of:
     apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.tar.gz
     apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.zip
     apache-pivot-2.0.4.tar.gz
     apache-pivot-2.0.4.zip
3. Verified the "sha-1" checksums of:
     apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.tar.gz
     apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.zip
     apache-pivot-2.0.4.tar.gz
     apache-pivot-2.0.4.zip
4. Pulled the tags/2.0.4 from svn
5. untar'd the apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.tar.gz (downloaded file) and
compared to tags/2.0.4 from svn
     found only the ".svn" files were not in the downloaded archive
6. unzip'd the apache-pivot-2.0.4-src.zip (downloaded file) and also
compared to tags/2.0.4
     again, only the .svn files were not there in the archive (which is
just as it should be)
7. Compared the two source trees (.tar.gz and .zip) and they were identical
8. Built the source archives untar'd, ("ant package doc") -- clean build
and clean Javadoc from both with Apple Java 1.6.0_65
9. Ran the tests ("ant test") in both directories -- clean tests.
10. Verified the whole rat.txt report
11. Spot checked the rat.xml report

[ X ] +1 Publish

~Roger