Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by HellKnight <he...@foxmail.com> on 2013/10/11 09:22:55 UTC

Could a producer written in c++ send a object to consumer written in c# ?

Producers in my system are mostly written in c++ and they will sent c++
objects through activemq, but consumers are written in c# , how could the
consumer understand a object written in c++? I know this is a vague question
and its not a 100% activemq problem , but I have absolutely no idea how this
could be done. Please give me some tips and thanks in advance.

Re: Could a producer written in c++ send a object to consumer written in c# ?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/2013 03:22 AM, HellKnight wrote:
> Producers in my system are mostly written in c++ and they will sent c++
> objects through activemq, but consumers are written in c# , how could the
> consumer understand a object written in c++? I know this is a vague question
> and its not a 100% activemq problem , but I have absolutely no idea how this
> could be done. Please give me some tips and thanks in advance.

You can serialize you objects to XML and send them as text messages.
You can't create binary object messages in one language and send them to
another and hope for deserialization to work.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.