Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Aaron <na...@glenraven.com> on 2005/01/27 17:31:02 UTC

Oracle JDBC

I have the Oracle jdbc driver installed in Tomcat's shared/lib
directory.  I have a JSP file that resides in the webapps/jsp-examples
that connects to an Oracle database successfully.  When I move it to a
context (/opt/application/appname) outside one of the contexts that are
included with Tomcat 5.0.28 the jsp stops connecting to the database.  I
get "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver" like it can't load the
JDBC driver.  What is odd is that I have a servlet that connects to the
database fine and it is in the /opt/application/appname/WEB-INF/lib
directory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan

Re: Oracle JDBC

Posted by Tony LaPaso <to...@absolutejava.com>.
When you say, "when I moved it to a context...", what exactly did you move?
Did you move the JDBC JAR or just the web app? Did you delete the web-app
from jsp-examples? This all goes back to the poor Tomcat documentation on
classloading.

This is interesting. Do you think you could show me the directory/JAR
layouts before (when it worked) and after (when it didn't)?

Re: Oracle JDBC

Posted by Nathan Aaron <na...@glenraven.com>.
Already tried it. Still doesn't work. Thanks for the interest though!

Nathan

Re: Oracle JDBC

Posted by Dustin <br...@yahoo.com>.