Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Daniel Weeks <dw...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2015/12/01 20:55:44 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly triage rotation

I'm in as well.

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
Thanks all for volunteering!
It's great to see non committers as well.
This is a great way in my opinion to get involved in the community.
Contributing is not just writing code :)
How about we pre-fill the spreadsheet with just rotating our names a few
times?
I put my name every 7 weeks based on this thread.

Triaging includes simple things anyone can do like:
 - pointing people at the contributing guidelines
 - pointing at the travis-ci build if it's failing
 - mentioning people by name for review
 - thanking people for their time.

--
Julien

Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly triage rotation

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly triage rotation

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly triage rotation

Posted by lukas nalezenec <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'm in too.

Posted by Reuben Kuhnert <re...@cloudera.com>.
Yeah, I'm in as well.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks, Julien and Dan for volunteering!

I think we should have at a minimum 4 people so that it isn't a big
commitment, preferably 6. That way we share the load enough.

Is anyone else thinking about volunteering, but unsure? If so, please
reach out so we can work with you.

For example, if it's a matter of not being confident in some or all
sections of the code, we can work through it by pairing up with someone
that can help you learn.

I think this can be a really good way for newer contributors to get more
involved and learn about different parts of the project. Don't be shy!

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer