Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2018/01/15 20:34:26 UTC

KVM on ubuntu

Hey guys,

I'm no Ubuntu Guru, so I want to check that I have this right....

Our documentation says:
--------------------------
On Ubuntu: modify /etc/default/libvirt-bin
Add "-l" to the following line
libvirtd_opts="-d"
so it looks like:
libvirtd_opts="-d -l"
---------------------------

I've found on Ubuntu 16.04 that you seem to need:
/etc/default/libvirt-bin
to have:
libvirtd_opts="-l"

and
/etc/init/libvirt-bin.conf
to have:
env libvirtd_opts="-d -l"

Can anyone confirm/deny this and should it also be this way for Ubuntu 14.04 ?

If so I'll update the documentation...

cheers

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: KVM on ubuntu

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks guys,

😊 I guessed that you were meaning 14.04 Özhan.

@wido are you saying that you need the -l flag in '/etc/default/libvirt-bin' for live migration or only in '/etc/init/libvirt-bin.conf'  ?

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com>.

Re: KVM on ubuntu

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: KVM on ubuntu

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
In my experience,

/etc/init/libvirt-bin.conf is used for ubuntu 12.04 (add "-d -l", any
change in /etc/default/libvirt-bin has no impact)
/etc/default/libvirt-bin is used for ubuntu 16.04. We use -l . "-d" will
cause libvirt-bin fails to restart. If libvirt-bin fails to restart, please
execute "systemctl stop libvirt-bin.socket" then restart libvirt-bin.
/etc/default/libvirtd is used for ubuntu 17.04 . same as ubuntu 16.04 (-d
is not needed).

-Wei

Re: KVM on ubuntu

Posted by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com>.