Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/07 05:27:23 UTC

Re: Site plugin changes, site:run

On 3/14/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've made a round of changes to the site plugin, which should be the
> last major set. I plan to call a vote for a final beta in a couple of days.
> One of the new features to try out (though its rough - no locale support
> yet) is:
>
> mvn site:run

I tried this several times before I figured out what I was doing
wrong.  I kept visiting 'http://localhost:8080' and seeing only a
directory listing.  Finally I read the directions:

> This will start Jetty and if you go to http://localhost:8080/index.html
> you can dynamically browse the site.

Apparently the 'index.html' part is important. :)  Would it be
possible to get the usual default page to work, so that visiting
http://localhost:8080 automatically loads index.html?

--
Wendy

Re: Site plugin changes, site:run

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the research!

I can probably harass some Jetty folk if I can't figure it out from there.

- Brett

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.