Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/06/02 16:50:47 UTC

1.1 Drum beat to release

I posted a note a few days ago with my proposed plan for releasing 1.1.  There was only one response
from Jason so I will take the silence as acceptance of the plan.  Today I will:

* be moving all JIRAs out from 1.1 and moving them to 1.2.
* Cutting a release build for review and will post it to the Geronimo Web Site.
* Continue testing Geronimo on DayTrader

Last night Jencks and I were working an issue that appears to be load related and the handling of
Transaction contexts.  We are currently assessing if this is critical or not.

In my other testing the memory leak seems to be isolated to the DB2 driver I was using.  The
prepared Statement Cache added in TranQL-Connector 1.2-SNAPSHOT has corrected this problem.

My goal is to make the release candidate available today.  Incorporate the last few bugs and then
cut and run by Wednesday of next week.

Thanks for your help and we can get moving on 1.2 and 1.1.1.

Matt

Re: 1.1 Drum beat to release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
We'll have an idea later today.   I think its critical and I am opening a JIRA for it.

Re: 1.1 Drum beat to release

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.1 Drum beat to release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
That will happen as we close out the final bugs Donald.  The transaction problem will most likely be
in one of the components you named below so they haven't been requested to version yet.  Hopefully
soon :)

Re: 1.1 Drum beat to release

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.