Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Amit Puri <pu...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 13:54:24 UTC

Pluto jar problem in Geronimo 2.1

Hi All

In Geronimo 2.1.4, when I use Geronimo Database pool wizard in
"Services>Database Pools" and provide Database Type as "SQL Server", I found
Driver Connection Properties like this:

Driver Connection Properties-

Typical JDBC URL:
    jdbc:sqlserver://{Host}:{Port}

When I checked
G_Home\repository\org\apache\geronimo\plugins\sysdb-console-tomcat\2.1.4\sysdb-console-tomcat-2.1.4.car\META-INF\plan.xml.
It is defined for Sql server here like this:

<gbean name="Database28"
class="org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabaseDriverGBean">

<attribute name="name">SQL Server</attribute>

<attribute
name="URLPrototype">jdbc:sqlserver://{Host}:{Port};DatabaseName={Database}</attribute>

<attribute
name="driverClassName">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</attribute>

<attribute name="defaultPort">1433</attribute>

<attribute name="specific">false</attribute>

<attribute name="RARName">org.tranql/tranql-connector-ra//rar</attribute>

</gbean>

Full JDBC URL and other properties are missing in Driver Connection
Properties in this case. This seems to me Apache Pluto plugin problem.
Whenever the input parameter contains semicolon, there will be some issues
while handlering those parameters. I also tried with other Database types
which have semi colon in URLPrototype (for example all the DataDirect
database types) and got same result as SQL Server database type. It Seems
that Pluto would ignore those parameters after the semicolon. There is one
Jira also opened for this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-579

In G 2.1.4 , we are using Pluto Version 1.1.6-G643117. PLUTO-579 fix is not
included in this version of Pluto.

I have built Pluto with PLUTO-579, and use the jar file in G 2.1.4. I can
clearly see all the parameters and full JDBC URL in Driver Connection
Properties.

Driver Connection Properties-

Typical JDBC URL:
    jdbc:sqlserver://{Host}:{Port};DatabaseName={Database}
Host:
    A property used to connect to SQL Server. May be optional (see JDBC
driver documentation).
Database:
    A property used to connect to SQL Server. May be optional (see JDBC
driver documentation).
Port:
    A property used to connect to SQL Server. May be optional (see JDBC
driver documentation).

Do we have any plan to include PLUTO-579 in Geronimo 2.1.5?

Thanks and Regards,
Amit

Re: Pluto jar problem in Geronimo 2.1

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
The patch in PLUTO-579 seems not be applied in pluto. I have checked this
with Ivan, and Ivan has pulled the workaround in Geronimo-4836 into G 2.1.5.
please verify.

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)