Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2018/05/22 18:11:10 UTC

Ohio LinuxFest (October 12, 13)

TL;DR: https://ohiolinux.org/sponsors/sponsorship-application/ $100 .org
sponsorship, seems like a bargain.

I'm planning to attend Ohio LinuxFest this year, but will be doing so
with my CentOS hat and so will be occupied.

It's unclear exactly what the $100 .org sponsorship level gets us, and I
have made inquiries to find out. If it's a 6-foot table, as it has been
in the past, this is a bargain to get us in front of a large, passionate
audience.

If you're thinking of going, and would be willing to staff a
booth/table, please speak up.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: Ohio LinuxFest (October 12, 13)

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Attached is a save the date flyer.  Here's the relevant info for our three
events for 2018!

JUNE: Apache EU Roadshow 2018 Berlin
June 13-14 More Information: http://apachecon.com/euroadshow18/
Held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS Backstage, the Apache EU
Roadshow starts June 11-12 as a 2-day Apache lounge during Berlin Buzzwords
and
leads to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Apache Tomcat, and Apache HTTP Server
on 13-14
June. Free to all attending FOSS Backstage. See you in Berlin!

SEPTEMBER: ApacheCon North America 2018 Montréal
September 24-27 More Information: http://apachecon.com/acna18/
Since 2000 the official global conference series of The Apache Software
Foundation has
been drawing participants at all levels to explore ”Tomorrow’s Technology
Today” across
300+ Apache projects and their diverse communities in Big Data, Cloud,
containers,
content, databases, IoT, Servers, and many other categories. Showcases the
latest
developments in ubiquitous Apache projects and emerging innovations through
hands-on sessions, keynotes, real-world case studies, trainings,
hackathons, community
events, and more. CFP closes 30 March! ApacheCon 2018 will be held at the
Montréal
Marriott Chateau Champlain.

OCTOBER: Apache US Roadshow 2018 Washington DC
October 8 More information coming soon at http://apachecon.com
This inaugural one day event will feature talks on Open Source software,
career
development with a career fair, Apache projects, Center for Assurance
Research &
Engineering/Volgenau School of Engineering, and cyber security and open
source
software in government. Presented in partnership with George Mason
University.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Huh? Apache DC Roadshow??

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.