Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by DEHAY Aurelien <au...@faurecia.com> on 2018/12/11 11:21:29 UTC

Minifi S2Sreporting

Hello.

I was looking a way to send bulletin, metrics & status from minify instances to Nifi, and s2sreporting tasks are not bundled with minify.

I'd rather to using the query & export feature from the command line as I don't necessarily have             access to the servers where minify are going to be deployed.

Is there a way/plan to implement that in minify?

Thanks.

Aurélien DEHAY
Big Data Architect
+33 616 815 441
aurelien.dehay@faurecia.com<ma...@faurecia.com>

23/27 avenue des Champs Pierreux
92735 Nanterre Cedex - France
[Faurecia_inspiring_mobility_logo-RVB_150]

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.

Re: Minifi S2Sreporting

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Aurélien,

This is unfortunately a gap in functionality.  The simplest course would
likely be for an implementation of a site to site status reporter [1] to
cover the functionality absent.  Another option would be for us to
generically support reporting tasks (we currently only do that for
provenance reporting).  Part of the reason behind this is that Reporting
Tasks are more of a controller level construct and are not captured in
templates.  I stubbed out a few issues that I will later more fully
populate to track these two approaches [2][3].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi/blob/master/minifi-docs/src/main/markdown/System_Admin_Guide.md#status-reporting-and-querying
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-490
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-491