Posted to users@flex.apache.org by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 07:39:09 UTC

ApplicationStorageDirectory is different than Adobe Flex SDK

Hi,

I recently noticed there is a difference in path for
ApplicationStorageDirectory between Apache and Adobe Flex SDK in MacOS. I'm
using Apache Flex SDK 4.12.1.

The Apache SDK location I found:
/Users/{USER}/Library/Application Support/{APPID}/Local Store

Where the Adobe SDK location was:
/Users/{USER}/Library/Preferences/{APPID}/Local Store

Is this something official?

Thanks.

Re: ApplicationStorageDirectory is different than Adobe Flex SDK

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
This also became strange when I see the web version of Apache Flex SDK is
using the same old application storage directory at
/Users/<UserName>/Library/Preferences/<Application> but AIR!

Re: ApplicationStorageDirectory is different than Adobe Flex SDK

Posted by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com>.
I'm now on Adobe AIR 13.0 which is bundled with Apache Flex SDK installer
latest. I can confirm it was 'Preferences' folder with Adobe AIR 4.0 and
Adobe Flex SDK, previously.

Re: ApplicationStorageDirectory is different than Adobe Flex SDK

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I doubt if that changed at Apache Flex. Perhaps you upgraded the AIR
runtime as well?

Thanks,
Om