Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by awirjadi <ad...@nec.com.au> on 2008/09/18 09:11:19 UTC

Immediate attribute in PanelChoice?

Hi,

I'm currently using Trinidad 1.0.1

I have the following code snapshot of my page:

                   columns="25"
                   required="true"/>

alignment="end">

The problem I encountered is when I change the panelChoice selection (from
the GUI combo-box), the validation for the inputText is always performed
(because it is set required="true", and I intend it as it is), thus
forbidding the panelChoice to show the selected showDetailItem (until some
values are typed in the inputBox).

Is there anyway we can force the panelChoice to bypass the inputText
validation? I know that panelChoice  has no "immediate" attribute. I tried
to set the "immediate=true" on the showDetailPanel, but the problem still
exists.

If someone could share his/her wisdom with me, I'll be very grateful.
Thanks.