Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ken Masters <ke...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/11 22:15:56 UTC

FopServlet example!

Hi everyone,

I am new to Apache FOP, and am finding a little problem with what I'm doing.
The XSLTInputHandler class has two parameters, the XML and XSL File's.
Basically what I would like to do is pass an XML as a Java String (since it
is dynamically created) and the XSL can be passed as a File.

How would I go about doing something like this, where the XML is created
dynamically by a Servlet (from an XML database,Apache-Xindice), and passing
this onto the XSLTInputHandler class (or any other class).

Thanking you in advance!

Ken

Re: FopServlet example!

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ken Masters wrote:
> I am new to Apache FOP, and am finding a little problem with what I'm
> doing. The XSLTInputHandler class has two parameters, the XML and XSL
> File's. Basically what I would like to do is pass an XML as a Java
> String (since it is dynamically created) and the XSL can be passed as a
> File.

FAQ:
   http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#faq-N102B3

J.Pietschmann

RE: FopServlet example!

Posted by "Mark C. Allman" <mc...@allmanpc.com>.
Write your own InputHandler to do what you need.  Then do the usual
driver.render() call:

    Driver driver = new Driver();

    InputHandler inputHandler =
        new MyCustomInputHandler(..whatever your InputHandler needs..);

    driver.setOutputStream(..wherever you want the output to go..);
    driver.render(inputHandler.getParser(),
inputHandler.getInputSource());

-- Mark C. Allman
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.