Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jo Pfeffer <Jo...@hyro.com> on 2006/02/13 00:51:02 UTC

Suppress Servlet-Engine header info

Hi all.

In the Apache config, you can change the ServerTokens directive from
Full to Prod to suppress the amount of information sent with the HTTP
headers - a good idea for a production system to hide the implementation
details. e.g. instead of sending the full info, such as 'Server:
Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7d mod_jk/1.2.4', with
the Prod setting it only sends 'Server: Apache'.

I was just wondering if there is such an option for tomcat. Currently it
is sending 'Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet
2.2; Java 1.3.1_07; Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems
Inc.)' - can I change the config so that it just sends something like
'Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server' or similar?

Thanks for your help!
Jo.