Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by varun sood <vs...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/15 07:36:09 UTC

Relevance Feedback Lucene+Algorithms

Hi,
  Can anyone share the experience of how to implement Relevance Feedback in
Lucene?

Can someone suggest me some algorithms and papers which can help me in
building an effective Relevance Feedback system?

Thanks in advance.

Dexter.

Re: Relevance Feedback Lucene+Algorithms

Posted by Dave Kor <da...@gmail.com>.
You might also want to look at that the LucQE project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/lucene-qe/), which implement a couple
of automated relevance feedback methods including Rocchio's formula.

On 2/15/06, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@m4.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> Please check Grant Ingersoll's presentation at ApacheCon 2005.
> He put out great demo programs for the relevance feedback using Lucene.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Koji

Dave Kor, Research Assistant
Center for Information Mining and Extraction
School of Computing
National University of Singapore.

Re: Relevance Feedback Lucene+Algorithms

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@syr.edu>.
In the example code, take a look at the SearchServlet.java code and the
performFeedback and getTopTerms() methods, which demonstrate the use of
the term vectors.  It is fairly well commented.  You don't need maven,
JSP or JUnit for this.  On the indexing side, look at the TVHTMLDocument
for how to construct the term vectors.

As for how to do Rel. Feedback, you can search the mailing list archive,
there have been many discussions in the past that will offer insights
into RF in Lucene.  I also like the book "Modern Information Retrieval"
by Baeza-Yates, et.al as a text for the theory behind RF.  You may also
find the MoreLikeThis implementation (again, search this mailing list
and look in the Lucene contrib section) satisfies your needs.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Posted by varun sood <vs...@gmail.com>.
Hi