Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 23:08:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release JSPWiki version 2.10.0

This is a release vote for Apache JSPWiki, version 2.10.0. The vote will be
open for at least 72 hours from now.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310732&version=12323941

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Everybody is encouraged to vote.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~juanpablo/releases/2.10.0-rc2

Nexus staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejspwiki-1000/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jspwiki/tags/jspwiki_2_10_0_rc2

JSPWiki's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jspwiki/tags/jspwiki_2_10_0_rc2/KEYS

*** Please download, test and vote:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ]  0 Don't mind
[ ] -1 Disapprove the release (please provide specific comments)

br,
juan pablo

Re: [VOTE] Release JSPWiki version 2.10.0

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, not the war itself, but the jar within the war:

 ► jar -tvf ./jspwiki-war-2.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar | grep jspwiki.properties -
 40784 Sun Dec 29 09:10:28 UTC 2013 ini/jspwiki.properties

We're rather subverting this thread, which is really an attempt at a vote
on 2.10.0. This issue has actually been discussed at some length amongst
the developer team.

Ichiro

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jürgen,

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Also +1

dirk

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 too

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>.
On 15/01/14 20:48, Harry Metske wrote:
> +1
>
> kind regards,
> Harry

I only started working on 2.10 this week, so I don't want to spoil the
party!

I checked out the trunk at r1557110 on my main dev machine and it built
and tested perfectly.

Yesterday, while preparing for a trip, I checked out the trunk at
r1559044 on my laptop. mvn install fails two tests.

Rather than mess around with the evolving trunk, I have just checked out
RC2 on my laptop. The two tests fail in the same way as the trunk. The
following report is taken from RC2:

Test set: org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest
Tests run: 18, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.95
sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest
testUpdateBothExist(org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest)  Time elapsed:
0.063 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
         at
org.apache.wiki.providers.BasicAttachmentProvider.deleteAttachment(BasicAttachmentProvider.java:692)
         at
org.apache.wiki.providers.CachingAttachmentProvider.deleteAttachment(CachingAttachmentProvider.java:327)
         at
org.apache.wiki.attachment.AttachmentManager.deleteAttachment(AttachmentManager.java:605)
         at org.apache.wiki.WikiEngine.deletePage(WikiEngine.java:2188)
         at
org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest.tearDown(ReferenceManagerTest.java:76)

testSelf(org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest)  Time elapsed: 0.045 sec
  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.wiki.InternalWikiException: Refmgr out of sync: page Foobar
refers to Foobars, which has null referrers.
         at
org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManager.pageRemoved(ReferenceManager.java:625)
         at
org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManager.actionPerformed(ReferenceManager.java:1177)
         at
org.apache.wiki.event.WikiEventManager$WikiEventDelegate.fireEvent(WikiEventManager.java:562)
         at
org.apache.wiki.event.WikiEventManager.fireEvent(WikiEventManager.java:344)
         at org.apache.wiki.PageManager.fireEvent(PageManager.java:701)
         at org.apache.wiki.PageManager.deletePage(PageManager.java:548)
         at org.apache.wiki.WikiEngine.deletePage(WikiEngine.java:2191)
         at
org.apache.wiki.ReferenceManagerTest.tearDown(ReferenceManagerTest.java:77)

Both systems run ubuntu 13.10 and are fairly similar - the laptop has
the low latency kernel and the desktop uses generic. Both run 32 bit
3.11.0-15 kernels. I don't think this is a relevant factor.

Both systems run the same default jdk:
java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.12) (7u25-2.3.12-4ubuntu3)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

I haven't yet checked out RC2 on my desktop, but I expect it would work.

Is this a known problem? If not, what can I do to help diagnose it further?

Regards,

Brian

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1