Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sachin S. Khanna" <em...@vsnl.com> on 2001/02/02 15:15:57 UTC

Unable to run tomcat 4.0 on win 98

Hello,
    I'm trying to run tomcat on my mchine which has a jdk1.2 installed. But the statup.bat file throws this error :
Relocation Error : Null relocation target has occured in org/apache/crimson.......
Please let me know why is this happening and how do i get rid of this fatal error.
Have a nice day.
With regards,
Sachin S. Khanna.
www.emailanorder.com

Re: Unable to run tomcat 4.0 on win 98

Posted by "Sachin S. Khanna" <em...@vsnl.com>.
Thanks Craig.
Well i was missing the jndi.jar file thats why tomcat wasn't starting, hence the fatal error :-).
Have a nice day.
With regards,
Sachin S. Khanna.
www.emailanorder.com

    Hello,    I'm trying to run tomcat on my mchine which has a jdk1.2 installed. But the statup.bat file throws this error :Relocation Error : Null relocation target has occured in org/apache/crimson.......Please let me know why is this happening and how do i get rid of this fatal error.
     Have a nice day.
    With regards,
    Sachin S. Khanna.
    www.emailanorder.com
  As the rest of the message tells you, this is a JVM issue, not a Tomcat related problem.  It will require a fix in the JVM to make it go away.  However, in my experience the error is *not* fatal -- Tomcat starts and runs fine.
  Craig McClanahan

Re: Unable to run tomcat 4.0 on win 98

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.