Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Penhey <ti...@penhey.net> on 2004/06/15 14:55:23 UTC

New connection joining existing session

I have a web application that uses Java Web Start to do nice printing from the client
machine.

As a parameter to the web start application is an URL which the locally executed java app
hits to get the data (normally in XML), which is most likely protected by a JDBCRealm
which the user has already authenticated against.

Is it possible to pass a session id as part of the URL?  Would that be sufficient for an
independant connection?

Tim

RE: New connection joining existing session

Posted by Tim Penhey <ti...@penhey.net>.
Answering my own question...

Yes, just do the same as the url rewriting by adding
;jsessionid=${pageContext.session.id} to the end of the URL.

Tim