Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Zsolt Kúti <ku...@t-online.hu> on 2009/09/24 21:11:49 UTC

language level?

Hello,

I can not find a mail archive search function, that's why this question
is here: has there been a consensus about what level is targeted with
development? 1.5 or 1.6?

Thanks
Zsolt

Re: language level?

Posted by James Grahn <jg...@simulexinc.com>.
1.5 was the consensus.   If you want 1.6 (due to features, fixes, or
performance), you're free to make the case for it.

Peter Firmstone's tally as we were discussing it:
--------
Those in favour of using Java 6 features:

Jeremy Easton-Marks
Greg Wonderly
James Grahn

Those in favour of using Java 5 features:

Dennis Reedy
Jim Waldo
Jonathan Costers
Greg Trasuk
Niclas Hedhman
Dan Rollo
Greg Wonderly
Jukka Zitting
Sean Landis
Peter Firmstone
James Grahn

Those who would like to see continued support for  JRE 1.4 (bytecode
only, using Retrotranslator):

Patrick Wright
Wade Chandler
Peter Firmstone