Posted to commits@gump.apache.org by ep...@apache.org on 2005/10/24 16:04:12 UTC

svn commit: r328073 - /gump/metadata/project/jakarta-turbine-3.xml

Author: epugh
Date: Mon Oct 24 07:04:09 2005
New Revision: 328073

Log:
Jakarta-Turbine-3 is a dead end project.  Turbine 2.4 is the current mainline brach, and 3 has been mothballed.  No reason to maintain it in Gump.

Removed:
    gump/metadata/project/jakarta-turbine-3.xml

Re: svn commit: r328073 - /gump/metadata/project/jakarta-turbine-3.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
wrote:

> Scarab is hot on the trail of moving to T2, which is the mainline
> branch.

OK, I've commented scarab out but didn't remove the descriptor.  We
can always re-enable it when we feel that way.

> We are working on some steps to deal with circular dependency on
> Intake, and hope to have that fixed next week.

Great.

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r328073 - /gump/metadata/project/jakarta-turbine-3.xml

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Hi,

Scarab is hot on the trail of moving to T2, which is the mainline
branch.  Honestly, unless someone has a real bee in their bonnet to
fix T3, I wouldn't worry about it.  Also, even if we got T3 to build,
there are a ton of other dependencies that Scarab has that would
prevent it from building.  I lean towards just removing it (didn't
want to do it quite yet), and putting it back once we get Scarab
properly on T2.

We are working on some steps to deal with circular dependency on
Intake, and hope to have that fixed next week.

Eric Pugh

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.