Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Bill Slack <ws...@shaw.ca> on 2007/09/06 02:31:27 UTC

Is there a checksum for the latest release?

It doesn't look like my original message was received by the list, so I'll try again.

Before I download the current version, I would like to get the MD5 checksum, but all I can find are the PGP signatures and checksums for older releases.
Is there no checksum for the latest release?
Thanks,
Bill

Re: Is there a checksum for the latest release?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
> I'll pull the copy I made from my public space. I don't really have a
> preference regarding md5sums, I just thought they were left out
> accidentally.

I'm all in favor of keeping things simpler during the deploy process.
I think that we should just get rid of the column, unless there's a
good reason to keep it.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Is there a checksum for the latest release?

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
There has been a lot of discussion in the incubator on the topic of
whether md5 is required or even recommended. Last I recall, since the
release is signed, md5 is extra and optional.

I wouldn't recommend that we add md5 to our process here. Others can
express their opinions...

Craig

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Bill Slack wrote:

> Thanks Patrick
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Linskey"
> <pl...@gmail.com>

Craig Russell

Posted by Bill Slack <ws...@shaw.ca>.
I saw the empty boxes in the tables; and it's mostly what I've needed.
Bill

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Is there a checksum for the latest release?

Posted by Bill Slack <ws...@shaw.ca>.
Thanks Patrick

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,