Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Neha Mehta <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 13:18:41 UTC

Ignore features in Random Forest

Hi,

I am performing Regression using Random Forest. In my input vector, I want
the algorithm to ignore certain columns/features while training the
classifier and also while prediction. These are basically Id columns. I
checked the documentation and could not find any information on the same.

Request help with the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Neha

Re: Ignore features in Random Forest

Posted by Yuhao Yang <hh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neha,

This looks like a feature engineering task. I think VectorSlicer can help
with your case. Please refer to
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-features.html#vectorslicer .

Regards,
Yuhao